Back in February, we took a trip to Iceland, and stayed in a gorgeous place on our last 2 nights called Deplar Farm. Tucked away in the mountains, the sheep farm-turned-resort had the most luxurious, spa-like bathrooms I’ve ever experienced. Every time I went to the bathroom I found myself oohing and aahing over every little detail, from the steam shower to the heated floors to the heated towel bar. Unreal I tell you. It was truly a once in a life time experience. Check this out:
Ever since we returned home, we’ve been scheming over how to make our home feel a little bit more Icelandic. While we may not be able to afford heated floors, surround sound, and a heated towel bar, I’ve discovered that I can absolutely still make our bathroom feel luxurious for a fraction of the cost. So today, I’m here to share with you 5 inexpensive ways to make your bathroom feel like a spa. Let’s face it, we work hard and we all deserve a little more pampering in our lives. Am I right or am I right? 😉
5 inexpensive ways to make your bathroom feel like a spa
- The first thing we did to make our bathroom feel like a spa is replace our shower head with one like this. I love this shower head so much because it makes me feel like I’m bathing in the rainforest, but without all the moss and wild things. Ahhhh, YES.
- Switch out your towels for a set of fresh, fluffy white ones. Trust me, you’ll miss out on the spa effect if you don’t get all white.
- Buy yourself a fluffy sherpa bathrobe, and hang it on a cute hook. It’ll look cute and give you a nice soft hug every time you get out of the shower. Or all the time. The robe won’t judge. I got this robe for Christmas and we’ve bonded quite a bit these past few months.
- Light a soothing candle. Choose a calming scent that’s not overpowering. I personally think lavender is nice – it makes me feel happy and relaxed.
- Get fresh, fluffy bathroom rugs and wash them frequently to keep them that way. If you can’t have heated floors, rugs will make all the difference. I actually love this one from Ikea. It feels like a soft, fluffy cloud every time you wash it! Not to mention it’s under $20. Nice.
Now one day maybe you can spring for that full bathroom remodel, but for now you can enjoy your little makeshift spa. Go light your candle, take a rain shower, dry off with your fluffy white towels, and wiggle your toes in your soft new rug while you get hugged by your bathrobe. Doesn’t that sound nice? You deserve it!